Friday, April 13, 2012

Sick.

A sick day? No. Those don't happen for a mom. But having my daughter be sweet and just lay with me and eat Chex mix and watch movies and cartoons all day was wonderful. It was not work today, it was just cute. Like she knew and was like " Don't worry Mommy, I got you. "

It's been amazing to me to watch her transform from a lump that did nothing into a little human personality. With a sense of humor and silliness that has impeccable timing and a willingness to notice and be kind and give a smile to people I didn't even see we're there.

About a week ago we were walking down our hallway to the car. She finds every everything, wether a new crack , a cigarette butt, a leaf, every 'O' in Welcome on doormats, and I keep having to prod her, lead her to the car. She is so easily distracted with an intense eye for detail.

I heard God whisper to my heart- " this is just like you. Noticing everything, telling me what's ' ockey' looking at everything around you instead of the path you're on, and I'm there gently leading you and loving on you the whole way. Continuously re routing you out of joy. It's fun to watch you learn and discover along the way "

Amazing how it happens everywhere.it meaning revelation and insight and words of love when I am most frustrated.


-L

No comments:

Post a Comment